Duration: Full Day Tour
Flight Time: 5.5 Hours
Departure: Available Tuesdays & Saturdays
What to bring: Hat, Sunscreen, Hiking shoes, Sunglasses, Camera
Bungle Bungle Explorer
Cultural Tour | Halls Creek | Purnululu National Park | Bungle Bungle Massif | Dome Walk | Cathedral Gorge | Windjana Gorge
- Departing Broome we track east over the beautiful turquoise waters of Roebuck Bay. Overfly the mighty Fitzroy River, the Fitzroy Crossing township and the stunning Geikie Gorge.
- Enjoy morning tea and refreshments at Halls Creek.
- Fly the scenic pattern around the Bungle Bungle Massif, before landing at the remote Bellburn airstrip.
- On arrival, you will be met by your local Gija tour guide from Kingfisher Tours, welcomed to country, enjoy fresh damper, before travelling to the beehives in an air-conditioned 4WD bus with stops along the way for spectacular photo opportunities.
- Enjoy a moderate 3km guided walk amongst the famous eroded towers and black and orange banded beehive structures on the domes walk.
- Enjoy a local bush tucker loop and a walk into the awe-inspiring Cathedral Gorge and then the Lookout for some of the best views of the park. A light pack is provided with your drinks and lunch to be enjoyed in Cathedral Gorge, whilst your Gija guide sings the ancient songs of her country.
- On your return to the airstrip, there is time for a beer or wine before the scenic flight back to Broome.
- On your return flight to Broome, fly over the spectacular King Leopold Ranges, Devonian Reef Conservation Park and Windjana Gorge.
- Morning Tea & Lunch included.
*A reasonable level of fitness and sturdy footwear is required. There are some areas of uneven ground as well as walking on sand in Cathedral Gorge. Whilst we provide water throughout the tour, we do recommend bringing your own water bottle to ensure you are kept well hydrated in the extreme Kimberley heat.